Thursday, October 28, 2004

Let the Madness Begin...

And so I scream... Currently, I scream silently because it bothers less people. And I don't like to bother people... not intentionally. I can be such a wimp. Some people SHOULD be bothered... other people ARE a bother... most people bother me.

Have you ever wanted to stand in a public square and just holler? Primally, gutterally, ear-piercingly, mind-numbingly, scream-'til-your-throat-hurts, eye-bugging, animal-frightening scream. I can't say that I've ever wanted to... only because I'm afraid I won't be able to stop unless I'm arrested, or tackled to the ground and put in a straightjacket, or my head explodes (and that's a real bummer of a side-effect). But, Lord knows, I HAVE indeed wanted to scream.

I would like to be one of those perpetually calm and serene people. Although I suspect most of them scream silently or at least into pillows when nobody is looking.

What is screaming? It's a release. It's a vent to keep the volcano from erupting and washing over everything with hot lava. It's Old Faithful for the emotionally hot-and-bothered. I may not always scream here, but if I do, I'll make sure you hear it... but only if you want to. (Wimp!)