Friday, March 11, 2005

Today...

Today I managed to...
  1. Get out of bed
  2. Make a pot of coffee
  3. Hand my daughter a bowl for her cereal and point her in the direction of the milk. (Hey, she's 13. She can manage.)
  4. Get dressed. Oddly enough the jeans I put on that were in the pile of clean clothes on my bureau weren't mine! After I got them on, I gasped - they are my 18 year old son's American Eagle jeans! I actually like them because nowadays, all the women's jeans are made with that stupid spandex! But these jeans actually are like jeans used to be! My son said he'll never wear these again... I shouldn't have told him I wore them. Now I'll have to pay him for them. If I promise to never tell any of his friends that I wore his jeans, I wonder if he'll get over it. (Please note, I mention this because my son is slender and I was actually amazed that I got my middle-aged butt into his jeans.)
  5. Brush my hair and brush my teeth and wash my face.
  6. Drive my daughter to school.
  7. Pick up my son and 3 other kids from the highschool and take them back to the elementary school.
  8. Drink the now cold coffee from the pot I made when I got out of bed. Can't bring myself to throw out coffee, no matter how awful it tastes.
  9. Read 8 e-mails.
  10. Answer 6 e-mails.
  11. Read and contemplate today's Purpose Driven Life.
  12. Read and meditate on today's Our Daily Bread.
  13. Browse the artistic contributions at Illustration Friday
  14. Comment on some of the above.
  15. Read one more chapter of Searching for God Knows What by Donald Miller (he also wrote - and I've read - Blue Like Jazz)
  16. Listen to 4 volumes of Nat King Cole
  17. Do one load of laundry.
  18. Put some dishes in the dishwasher. Sad but true - I use the dishwasher.
  19. Digitally enhance a picture of a dragon and submit it to Illustration Friday
  20. Draw and Photoshop to death a picture of an old man.
  21. Take my 2 younger kids out for lunch and then back to school.
  22. Buy a newspaper and read most of it. (Also managed to skim through People, Us, In Touch, Chatelaine, Good Housekeeping, and Better Homes & Gardens before buying the newspaper.)
  23. Get started on setting up a new website for a friend's business. Still lots to do though.
  24. Talk on the phone for the first time with someone I "met" through Illustration Friday and we just ended up emailing each other back and forth. She's a HOOT! This lasted over 45 minutes...
  25. Go grocery shopping.
  26. Referee a spat between Spootie and Sk8erBoi.
  27. Discuss a problem at length with a sad friend via MSN Messenger - I think this took about an hour.

I now have to go make dinner. Then I have to finish the website and the logo for my friend and do my daily writing (this doesn't count...). I'm tired....

No comments: